The VLC media player is one of the most used media streaming software which almost everyone has in their computer system. If you have ever played a media content by selecting Open With the program and then adding other media content in the VLC media player playlist, you must be familiar with how tedious the process can be. Every bit takes so long in that moment, as it takes a lot of time and effort to select programs one by one and adding in the playlist.
But what makes it more difficult to use it is streaming the audio or video files with multiple audio tracks. It is a troublesome decision to choose the audio track with each file. It is pretty hard to handle especially when you run the series of an episode in the VLC player. For every episode, changing the track manually is disturbing and asking a lot of efforts. It ruins the enjoyment, but you don’t have to worry as the guide will help you set the audio track on default mode in your VLC. With the help of the guide, you don’t have to change the audio track manually. If you don’t know the procedure to set an audio track on default, then follow the steps mentioned below.
Here’s how to set VLC media player as default player
- Run VLC media player in your computer system.
- Remember, you don’t have to run a media file in the player right now.
- Click the Tools tab from the upper toolbar of the media player.
- Now, go to Preferences and select the button.
- You press Ctrl + P to open Preferences
- Ensure that Simple option is marked at the bottom left corner on the window. If not marked then select the Settings option.
- Now, select the Audio tab from the left side.
- Navigate to Tracks section.
- Enter the language code in the Preferred audio language If you don’t know the code, you can check them on the internet.
- Try using eng for English, spa for Spanish and jpn for Japan.
- Now, select Subtitles & OSD
- Here, you can set a default subtitle track and customize the Fonts size, Shadows, etc.
- Now click the Save
- Now, restart VLC media player.