Google Chrome is a well-developed web browser connecting a system to the internet world. But, there is a common error which is appearing in the browser due to some reasons. The ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error is occurring due to various reasons like change in network connection, or the installation of a third party program. Is your Chrome also displaying the error? If yes, then don’t wait to follow the steps and to troubleshoot the mistake. This method will help you to resolve the error in your web browser.
Let’s see the methods to troubleshoot the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in Google Chrome.
Check Proxy Settings
Whenever the error appears in Chrome browser running on Mac systems, we should check the Proxy Settings in no time.
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Click System Preferences from the menu opened.
- Now select Network
- Choose the connection and click on the Advanced
- Find Proxies tab and go to Select a protocol to configure
- Now, uncheck everything mentioned under Select a protocol to configure icon.
Disable Antivirus Program
If the Antivirus program or any system guarding program suspect the network, it will not allow the connection to set. The program will result in the Connection setup error on Chrome. To resolve the issue, disable the guarding program for a while but remember it could expose your system to malicious programs. In that condition, visit only https: secured websites.
Change MTU in Mac
- Click on the Apple icon from the upper left toolbar to open a menu.
- Open the menu and go to System Preferences.
- Click on the Network icon and select a network.
- Now click Advanced
- Click the Hardware icon from the right window pane.
- Choose Manually from Configure
- Now select Custom from MTU.
- Type any four digits number ranging between 1280 -1500.
- Now click Apply and Ok.
If you have thoroughly gone through the methods, the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error must be fixed in Chrome running in Mac. But if the problem persists, then try switching the web browser and download the updated and latest version of Google Chrome in your system.