Ever wondered what that “Other” on your iPhone storage is? To be honest, you are not the only one to have found it a bit strange. It’s the address to a multiplicity of stuff like cookies, logs, browser history, caches of videos and photos, database files and many more hoarded by your apps.
However, if you don’t take any step towards deleting the “Other” from your iOS device, the chances are that the unnecessary files may pile up to eat into plenty of storage on your iPhone. By just being a little bit conscious, you will be able to obstruct the junk files from going overboard.
Honestly, clearing “Other” data from an iPhone had never been as clear-cut before as it has been now. Additionally, you have got multiple ways to remove these “Other” data from your iPhone or iPad storage. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- First of all, launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then go to the General.
- Click on the iPhone/iPad Storage option.
- Here, you will need to check out how much storage has been used and how much space is left.
Note: You should look for the things that are consuming most space on your device. The most noticeable culprits are going to be Other, photos, apps, media and even mail too.
- As soon as the culprits that have virtually hijacked the storage have been found, you must go for the mission cleanup.
- Simply, click on the app which data you wish to erase.
- Here, you are going to have two options:
- Offload App – Offloading apps on your iPhone or iPad, you are going to be able to clear the storage used by the apps but save its data. Hence, when you reinstall the app, you are more likely to be able to reinstate the linked data.
- Delete App – You are recommended to choose it if you want to delete not just the app but also its complete data.
- You will have to pick the option based on your requirement.
However, as this article is all about removing the data of particular apps, deleting may serve the purpose.
Thank you for reading this article; I hope the information given above is going to be useful to you.